Join the movement and walk with us for mental health NAMIWalks 2019 in Atlanta, Ga. NAMIWalks, the nation's largest mental...
Mental illness is a medical condition that interferes with daily functioning; academics, jobs, social and living. It is brought on by a chemical imbalance in the individual's brain. When this condition is left untreated it gets worse and more difficult to treat. Some common symptoms have been identified as: Prolonged Sadness or IrritabilityExperiencing extreme Highs [...]Read More
A mental illness is a condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood. Such conditions may affect someone's ability to relate to others and function each day. Each person will have different experiences, even people with the same diagnosis. Recovery, including meaningful roles in social life, school and work, is possible, especially when you start [...]Read More
When a friend or family member develops a mental health condition, it's important to know that you're not alone. Many Americans have experienced caring for a person with mental illness. 1 in 25 Americans lives with a serious mental health condition. Mental health professionals have effective treatments for most of these conditions, yet in any [...]Read More
If you have a mental health condition, you're not alone. One in 5 American adults experiences some form of mental illness in any given year. And across the population, 1 in every 25 adults is living with a serious mental health condition such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or long-term recurring major depression. As with other serious illnesses, mental illness [...]Read More
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Affiliate hosted our first Mental Health and Wellness Day. Saturday,...
- FREE Back To School Block Party July 31, 2022 (12pm-5pm)
- My Mental Health Fashion Show – May 15, 2022 NAMI Atlanta / Auburn
- NAMI Programs : 2022 Training Dates and Application Forms
- NAMI Programs : 2021 Training Dates and Application Forms
- Crisis Intervention Teams for Youth (CIT-Y) Virtual Train the Trainer
Most Liked Posts Widget
- NEW COURSE! NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Peer to Peer Recovery Education Course Starting February 25, 2020! By admin on September 5, 2019 2
- NEW PROGRAM! NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Family to Family Education Program Starting February 25, 2020! By admin on September 16, 2019 2
- Thoughts for 2019 from NAMI Atlanta/Auburn President Joanne Govan By admin on December 17, 2019 2
- Become a NAMI Program Leader – NAMI Georgia Training Programs in Jan & Feb 2021 By admin on January 18, 2021 2