Mental illness is a medical condition that interferes with daily functioning; academics, jobs, social and living. It is brought on by a chemical imbalance in the individual's brain. When this condition is left untreated it gets worse and more difficult to treat. Some common symptoms have been identified as: Prolonged Sadness or IrritabilityExperiencing extreme Highs [...]Read More
A mental illness is a condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood. Such conditions may affect someone's ability to relate to others and function each day. Each person will have different experiences, even people with the same diagnosis. Recovery, including meaningful roles in social life, school and work, is possible, especially when you start [...]Read More
When a friend or family member develops a mental health condition, it's important to know that you're not alone. Many Americans have experienced caring for a person with mental illness. 1 in 25 Americans lives with a serious mental health condition. Mental health professionals have effective treatments for most of these conditions, yet in any [...]Read More
If you have a mental health condition, you're not alone. One in 5 American adults experiences some form of mental illness in any given year. And across the population, 1 in every 25 adults is living with a serious mental health condition such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or long-term recurring major depression. As with other serious illnesses, mental illness [...]Read More
- Mental Health In A Brown Girl’s World
- Thoughts for 2019 from NAMI Atlanta/Auburn President Joanne Govan
- NEW PROGRAM! NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Family to Family Education Program Starting February 25, 2020!
- NEW COURSE! NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Peer to Peer Recovery Education Course Starting February 25, 2020!
- Ciftondale UMC Community Health & Wellness Fair – Come Join NAMI Atlanta/Auburn on 9/28/2019!
Most Liked Posts Widget
- Black Mental Health and Wellness Community Dialogue – NAMI Atlanta/Auburn & Auburn Avenue Research Library By admin on July 21, 2019 1
- NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Presents: “Community Conversation about Mental Health” July 13, 2019 By NamiNews on June 11, 2019 1
- Mental Health In A Brown Girl’s World By NamiNews on February 29, 2020 1
- NEW COURSE! NAMI Atlanta/Auburn Peer to Peer Recovery Education Course Starting February 25, 2020! By admin on September 5, 2019 1