Introduction to Behavioral Health and Addictive Diseases (IBHAD): 8 Hour Training Announcement
Open to all community partners including law enforcement personnel, first responders, faith and service leaders, educators, hospital personnel, security officers, service providers, and agencies.
Includes an overview of the following:
• Introduction to Behavioral Health and Addictive Diseases
• Abbreviated Overview of Mental Health Law
• Overview of Community Resources
• Living in Recovery – An inside look at Recovery with Mental Illness
• An Introduction to the Georgia Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Program
• Practical Exercises
These training classes are designed to offer an overview of behavioral health conditions and addictive diseases that most often result in law enforcement interaction and intervention.
This course is approved by the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) Council. CE’s available for LCSW/LMSW and LPC’s.
Pre-registration is required
Class Location: East Point City Annex, 3121 Norman Berry Drive, East Point, Ga. 30344
Class Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019
TO REGISTER, PLEASE CONTACT: Catherine Hardy, firstname.lastname@example.org